Taken with instagram
(Source: dandiprat, via every-thing-ends)
The Band’s Levon Helm has passed away after a battle with throat cancer. He was 71. Photo by Elliott Landy.
A link to my interview with house-music artist DJ Laidback Luke which was published in today's edition of the Pitt News (CLICK ME!) -
Yesterday, The Pitt News granted me the privilege of interviewing Dutch DJ Laidback Luke.
Our twenty minute phone conversation was a memorable one, as the world famous artist - who is currently ranked 20th best DJ by DJ Mag - answered all of my questions, adding in some of his own insight along with his boyish sense of humor.
"Archives exist because there's something that can't necessarily be articulated. Something is said in the gaps between all the information.” -
This is amazing. I hope to one day have the ambition of this woman, and the artistic talent she holds. I find it so interesting how the family tree tends to loose the story behind the bonding bloodlines.
Purple drink (Taken with instagram)
1. The Thrill Is Gone / B.B. King
2. Jackie Wants A Black Eye / Dr. Dog
3. Polish Girls / Califone
4. Fattening Frogs For Snakes / Sonny Boy Williamson
5. 5 Foot 3 Blues / Sunny Blair
6. Lonesome Road Blues / Old Crow Medicine Show
7. Sweet Home Chicago / Keb’ Mo’ & Corey Harris
8. Crawling Kingsnake / Honeyboy Edwards
9. My Way Home / Citizen Cope
10. Please Pt. Two / Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears
11. Funky President (People It’s Bad) / James Brown
12. Phonograph Blues (Take 1) / Robert Johnson
13. Where Did You Sleep Last Night? / Leadbelly
14. Love Interruption / Jack White
15. Hard pushing papa / Blind Blake
16. I Believe I’ll Make a Change / Johnny Shines
17. Slow Motion [Instrumental] / Third Eye Blind
18. Smokestack Lightning / Howlin’ Wolf
19. Journey Into Melody / Stanley Turrentine
20. Trouble,Trouble - Lowell fulson / Lowell Fulson
21. Midnight Midnight / Mickey Baker
22. I’m In Love With You Baby / Brownie McGhee, Sonny Terry & Earl Hooker
Ahh the fire escape. My favorite part of this apartment. This is Madeline Beyer. ast year, at this point in time, I finally made my decision that I would come back to the University of PIttsburgh, but alas, I did not have a roommate. SO, with the exchange of several-PAINFULLY awkward, I’m sure-facebook messages, Madeline and I decided we would search around for some Shady living. This girl has become one of my best friends I can honestly say, and I’m so thankful that things have finally fallen into place here in Pittsburgh. Not unlike her personality, Madeline is one of the most sincere musicians I’ve ever met. Click through, it’ll being you to her website, definitely check it out!
For the vagabonds.